A look at current openings with AgSoilworks:
The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and compliance with financial reporting standards.
Essential Job Duties
- Payment of the rent, insurance, loan payments, and credit cards online (monthly)
- Prepare weekly cashflow and request approval to pay invoices (Monday/Tuesday)
- Send approved checks to bank for payment or print checks for signature (Friday)
- Prepare/review bank reconciliations (monthly)
- Import credit card transactions (weekly/monthly)
- Prepare/review credit card reconciliation (monthly)
- Review supporting documentation and classification of invoices in Quickbooks (weekly/monthly)
- Review transaction history and prepare journal entries for depreciation, vacation accruals, etc. (monthly)
- Prepare financial statements (monthly)
- Work with executive team to more clearly define the job costing metrics they want and determine what inputs are required to obtain that information in a more timely and accurate manner
- General clean-up of administrative items such as closing credit cards for employees no longer employed by Ag Soilworks, updating contacts, etc.
- Special projects/account analysis/budgeting (as requested)
- Direct accounting/admin staff – update standard operating procedures and organizing office files (ongoing)
- Assist with tax preparation
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
The controller should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. It is also desirable for he/she to have a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation.
This is an Exempt, Salaried position.
Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries, as well as to potential acquirees to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Essential Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
Position Location: Paso Robles, CA 93466
Hours: T, W, TH, 8AM-5PM
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.